I stopped by a small stand serving crepes outside The Basillica for lunch. I was very interested in watching the street vendor make the crepes. First he pored batter onto the hot flat surface, then he used a flat rake like thing to scrape excess batter off the surface. He threw on whatever the requested order required, then rolled it up. And served it in a wax paper wrapping. It was delicious.
This was the best salad I've had in Paris so far. Smoked salmon is one of my favorite things and I've consistently had the best in Paris.
To the left was what I belive to be a rasberry sauce. The log in the center was a berry sorbet on top, pistachio ice cream in the center and the very bottom layer was a thin sort of cake, there were three cherries served with it as well. I thought this was a creative way to serve this dessert.
Such a pretty dessert display! I don't want to eat them, they are beautiful, edible works of art.
I love fish, and in the US you don't generally see it served with the skin up. The vegitables were interesting also, shredded and placed in a small pile on top of thinly sliced veggies. I'm not certain what the sauce was, but it was buttery and delicious.
I eat salmon all the time, but it's my favorite fish. I included this because the rice was served in a pyramid formation. So I felt it was an interesting presentation.







No comments:
Post a Comment