There are a lot of similarities between Disneyland Paris and Disney World in Orlando. The set up of the Magic Kingdom Park and layout was very similar to Disney World. The Hollywood Studios park was very different. I loved that the parks weren't as crowded and were more laid back overall.
This was out in front of the Magic Kingdom park in Paris, although it was similar there were some differences. The main one being the lack of signage. There is a sign that says Disneyland Paris but the sign out in front of the Orlando park also says Let the magic begin. There seemed to be less propoganda along those lines in the Paris parks.
Main Street was smaller, but looked almost the same as the Orlando park. I saw Donald Duck here and there was a band playing. All these things are very similar to the Orlando park.
The Haunted Manor was pretty similar as a ride to the Haunted Mansion. The main differences were in decor. There was a fountain that didn't work and a few knocked over birdbaths. There is not a gazebo in Disney Worlds version but there are more interactive things to do in line.
The castle is pretty similar to Cinderellas castle only this one is smaller. The stained glass interior depicting the story of Beauty and Beast was a beautiful sight to see.
The Tower of Terror was awesome! Pretty similar except in that there was no indication that the elevator was about to drop. Overall though it was more mild than the one in FL in that it didn't seem to drop from as high a height or quite as many times.
Before leaving for Paris I watched Ratatouille and in the World of Disney store I saw a lot of merchandise for this movie. I'm not sure if the French culture is embracing this or if Disney is pushing this.





No comments:
Post a Comment